Skimmer troubles

chefthomasr

Hi All,

I need some help. Our ASM isn't skimming properly. The pump is moving water but there is no air injection therefore no skimmate. I've taken it all apart. Cleaned everything thoroughly, ensured there were no broken parts. But still no air injection.

Suggestions please?

Thanks!

Jenny

We had the same problem with our Visijet that we had...cleaning and all that didn't help. It was pushing water but not drawing air in.

We had to pony up and we bought a much better skimmer (AquaC Remora) and haven't looked back. I know this doesn't help but if you can't find anything wrong...maybe a new one is needed :why:

Its only 3 months old so if I have to buy a new skimmer I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

Hey Jenny tell Thomas to use the new Euro Hot Rod and plug the Turbo Charger to the Venturi part and you will have lots of skimmate :wink:

Check the Air Hole on the venturi and squeeze the hose I had salt build up inside of mine about a month ago when I had the same problem

Raf

Did you check the tube itself (not the pump)?

Dave

I agree, sounds like venturi hole is clogged. I keep a gal. of swimming pool Muriatic Acid, dilute down to 20% using tap water (4 parts water, 1 part acid). Fill up assembled skimmer and let soak for 3 mins. making sure venturi gets filled. A quick rinse with clean water afterward and skimmer should run normally.

BTW I forgot to mention you may need to run the skimmer for 24 hrs. after a good cleaning with Hydrocloric acid (Muriatic). It will probably need to reseason itself B4 it starts making large bubbles.

Bill

I cleaned it with vinegar. I did check the air hose and all that but I'll check it again I might've missed something.

Thanks all!

Jenny

Make sure you can blow through the air hose without difficulty (might even try it when its running to see what happens).

Dave

Mine had salt built up inside the air passageway. I had to use wire to clean it out and works good afterward. I suggest cleaning pump and air passageway once every month to keep the operation running smoothly.

One thing worked for me. Salt creep had got into the airline hose connected ot the venturi. i took a coffe mug with water, microwaved it till the water was very hot and let the tubing on the venturi suck it through.

It worked like a charm. the air bubbles were back in the skimmer chamber immediately.

David B.\

One thing worked for me. Salt creep had got into the airline hose connected ot the venturi. i took a coffe mug with water, microwaved it till the water was very hot and let the tubing on the venturi suck it through.

It worked like a charm. the air bubbles were back in the skimmer chamber immediately.

David B.\

Awesome idea! Hot water to quickly dissolve the encrusted salt in airway- I'll try that next time!

Hi All,

Thanks again for all the help. Turned out the pump wasn't making a secure enough connection to the skimmer body. So I used some plumbers tape and away it went.

Thanks!

Jenny

Hi All,

Thanks again for all the help. Turned out the pump wasn't making a secure enough connection to the skimmer body. So I used some plumbers tape and away it went.

Thanks!

Jenny

Jenny-

My G3 used to have that problem. I made a trip out to BRK and got a new uniseal (the one ASM supplies is crap) and it worked like a charm. Definately worth the chump change I spent on it.

Steve