RO/DI question

scott711

I have a 75 gpd RO/DI unit. I just replaced the carbon/DI resin/sediment filters. My problem is that when I use my TDS meter to test the filtered water it still comes out relatively high (~25-30 PPM). The Unit itself is about 2 years old.  I did run the unit for about an hour after installing the new filters to flush it. The only thing I could think of that might be a problem is that the TDS meter might not be calibrated properly and I was going to buy some distilled water and try and recalibrate it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

You came to the right place!

I got a Conductivity Meter used by the NIH that is excellent for this! Best of all, you and anyone can use it for no charge.

I'm unfortunately leaving tonight and won't be back home until the 13th. Check with me then.

You run the purified water through tester and will tell you exactly when to change your filters and when not to.

Howard

Thanks Howard,

Too bad you are leaving. I have to do a water change and don't have any water to use. I will have to figure out something. I am going to play with it more tonight.

ok i have a question now, my tds meter is reading 13 and after talking to dr mac yesterday he recommended it to be zero, i have an algea proclem right now and i think that is were my extra nutrients are coming from. also were is a good place local to get membranes? and can i turn a 110 gpd into a 35 gpd? thats all i need after the initial setup.

When I got home the other day I let it run for a while and eventually the water came down to 0. So everything is ok now, I just had to let it flush through the RO/DI filters.

Thanks