Help identifying organism

Oprah Wrangler

Good day all,

I apologize in advance for not being able to supply a photo. I have seen these white shrimp like things ( some are silvery in color) about 0.5mm in length, with attena(sp) and praying mantis like appendages scurrying around my tank in the shadows and out in the open when the lights are out. There are a lot of them and they dont seem do be doing any harm but I would like to be able to I.D. these things.

Good day all,

I apologize in advance for not being able to supply a photo. I have seen these white shrimp like things ( some are silvery in color) about 0.5mm in length, with attena(sp) and praying mantis like appendages scurrying around my tank in the shadows and out in the open when the lights are out. There are a lot of them and they dont seem do be doing any harm but I would like to be able to I.D. these things.

PODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To some they are a good thing and some a nuisance.

I have a reef tank and they are food for my blenny.

To some they are a good thing and some a nuisance.

I've never met anyone who considered them to be a nuisance, at least no one ever mentioned it to me.

if you plan on having a Dragonet, or other types of fish that benefit from them.. it is good to have plenty of them and be able to breed them. As a matter of fact if you want them to breed and keep your tank healthy, look for a spot in your tank behind the rocks or in the corner where you can put a pile of rubbles (consisting of dead frags, shells, small rocks, etc.) that will serve as a safe heaven for them as well as a breeding ground, also add some cheato to your sump or refugium, they will breed there as well and keep your tank healthy. My mandarin dragonet tends to hubble around the pile of rubble when he is hungry, and he is as thick as my thumb... he is a pig with wings....