How to control yellow polyps

R Baxley

My yellow polyps are spreading uncontrollably.  is there anyway to keep them from spreading?  Can I just tear them off of my live rock?

anyone want some yellow polyps???

I just use a toothbrush to rub then out and try to suck the remains out. Just try not to kill a bunch at a time as they are highly toxic.

Ooops. I mean... I gently remove and propagate them. They are earth's creatures and we should do our part for their safety and well being.

I'd like some, of those non-tooth-brush kind, but I will need to make room in the tank.

What are you looking for in trade?

Phil

I've noticed that many reefers have no problem keeping these yellow polyps and gsp's, and have a problem actually controlling there proliferation. For some reason, I've always had them decline. I've tried strong flow, low flow, bright light, low light. I've even direct fed them like a sun coral, just to have them shrivel up over time. It just seems that my tank set up is cursed when it comes to these as other corals have multiplied in the same set up.

Merry Christmas to whoever would like some.

Chris, you can stop by after Mac's trip and pick some up if you'd like. Good to know there is at one reefer out there in the boonies as well.

I am in Glover Park.  Anyone interested please email me: lbaxley at assaydesigns dot com

I will give this stuff away, or if you have anything in trade that's even better!  I am trying to head in the SPS direction (atlhough I understand that wouldn't exactly be an "even" trade!)

Thanks for the help!

rent