RO/DI storage containers

mling

RO/DI storage containersMy RO/DI takes about an hour to fill up about 6 Gal, partly because it has a drinking water outlet that is used fairly often. I would like to store RO/DI water and put them aside for ready use.  I am wondering what type of container to use and what to stay away from.  I am considering dry wall buckets or milk containers.  Are these ok once you rinse them ?

See if you can find containers from water fountains, or just buy new 5 gallon buckets from home depot.  I would not trust getting a drywall bucket clean enough- likewise with milk containers (which are real small anyways).  Else, a rubbermaid trash can or similar container is used by many.

Michael

The 30G trash can with lid is about 8 bucks in walmart.

You can store water for the fishies. Not drinking water.

The plastic is not high grade.

I normally don't store too much water, since it needs to be

kept aerated.

-krish

Guest mikesroth

By a Rubbermaid BRUTE trash can container.  They are food-safe, and you can get them in plenty of sizes.  You can also get rollers to keep them on so that you can wheel them around.  You can get them at Home Depot.  If I remember right, the lighter colored ones are better (blue, light gray, white, yellow).  I believe they may even say something on them about being food safe.

I read somethig on RC about not using normal trash cans.  Apparently they are starting to put fungicides, or something like that on the plastics.

We use the big trash can with powerheads in it for large water changes but before we had the auto top-off system we used the gallon milk jugs for DI to top off and for kalk.  They were easier to carry up and down stairs than the buckets.

Guest mikesroth
Actually, when Jen first started her tank, she used water from the grocery store that came in what looks like milk containers.  So I put water in them for her, but I tend to use them also, easier to top my tank off with.