Career Change

Charlie97L

edit: mods, if this should go in Refugium, please move it.

Hey guys, I'm looking to make a career change. Anyone know of any openings? :)

Some background on my situation, currently I work in Pharmeceutical Benefit Management in Operations, and I have some other background in healthcare, and management. I've got a lot of technical and computer skills, design experience, and networking. I don't have a lot of official experience with coding (aside from web design), but I learn anything to do with computers very quickly. I'm working on my 2nd Bachelor's Degree at the moment. I've had a lot of varied work experience, and am confident I can pick up any position with ease.

The one thing I don't want to be doing is manually QC-ing huge amounts of data, which is what my current position has ended up settling on. Can I QC well? Yes. Can I QC 5,000 records a day with any accuracy, or effectiveness, after 3 months of doing nothing but that? No. :)

Anyways, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of WAMAS here. I'm totally miserable where I am now, and I need to make a change. It's a great company, I just can't stand the work, and going into the busy insurance season, they don't make any changes in staffing. I can send along my resume to whoever has any leads, or suggestions.

Thanks

Charlie

Edited by Charlie97L

Charlie-

Send me your resume and salary requirements to stephen.outlaw@dss.mil. I have some contractor positions open in the computer security field. Be sure to include any experience with computers (at least what you know enough to work with). Location is Olde Town Alexandria though......don't know if you want to make that trip.

Steve

Edited by steveoutlaw

Charlie,

I too may have some availablity (but not till after the 1st of the year.... If you can wait that long)...

I work for Ingenix (A United Healthcare company... office location is in rockville (kings farm).

Dave

Wow that is really nice to see members doing this. Good luck Charlie

If you are interested in an administrative position within the healthcare staffing industry, you can send your resume and salary requirements to: dmack@alliantstaffing.com

Pretty cool to see this group help in areas outside of reefing. :cheers:

I know, you guys, I can't say how amazing it is, and how much I appreciate all the response I've gotten so far, even if nothing comes of it. I'm totally speechless.

Charlie-

Send me your resume and salary requirements to stephen.outlaw@dss.mil. I have some contractor positions open in the computer security field. Be sure to include any experience with computers (at least what you know enough to work with). Location is Olde Town Alexandria though......don't know if you want to make that trip.

Steve

excellent to know we have a DSS rep here.....I may have questions like approved DSS applications for removing data from hard-drives for example.

I know, you guys, I can't say how amazing it is, and how much I appreciate all the response I've gotten so far, even if nothing comes of it. I'm totally speechless.

How about a Job at Blue RIbbon Koi. :wink: