new to the nova area...

Guest Keyoke

Guest Keyoke

Hi folks,

I just moved up here from Kansas City, and I'm starting almost completely fresh. Can anyone point me towards some decent places to peruse tanks and other dry-goods? My 30G managed to break during the move (wasn't my fault.. or rather, that's what I told the wife  [ws]) and I figure this is the perfect opportunity to get a bigger tank.

Since I'm new to the area I'm hoping people can point me towards some of the better LFSs. I live in Manassas, but I'll go all the way to Baltimore for a decent deal. :)

Guest clownfish4
Don't really know any stores to buy tanks, but there are a lot of people on this site selling tanks.  As for good live stock, you can try the Reef Tank in Burke or Roozens which is just across the boarder into MD.

Hey welcome to the DC Area!

I heading to Missouri in Nov, to chase some deer around. :D

We have several LFS in the area.

MarineScene in Herndon has an excellent store & selection but at a premium.

The Reeftank is another around Fairfax, great prices on LR, LS, Cleaner Crews, Corals and Fish. Livestock moves quick, so good place to stop in or better yet, call Mike and order.

Roozens as mentioned has an awesome collection on livestock, prices not bad either.

Wally Aquarium in Annandale, another also in Annandale, I believe its called Pet Store, alot of selection, big prices.

Vienna Aquarium is another choice. Lots of chains too.

To go with what Howard said Wallys aqurium have 75 gallon AGA tanks for 99 bucks, its just a bare tank though

if you want to take a road trip exotic aquatics is a great store just outside baltimore top quality livestock

we also have the aquarium center which you can get a good deal on a tank and they have alot in stock

Guest Keyoke

wh00t! :)

It's so nice to actually have more than about 3 (decent) stores in the area within a 300 mile radius. :)

Back in KC, there was one really good store for livestock, LR, LS, etc, and one decent store for tanks and dry-goods, but that was about it (well, Paradise aquatics in overland park, but the stock tanks always looked so bad, and all they seemed to carry were parrot fish, bleh)

I'm gonna like it here I think. :)

The other store in Annandasle is Superpets (sp).  It is behind the Popeyes chicken.  They have some pretty good stuff.

Keyoke-

I have a strong feeling you will like it in this area.  The community is real strong and supportive.  Further, you came just in time to help with next years MACNA!

Guest Keyoke

Keyoke-

I have a strong feeling you will like it in this area.  The community is real strong and supportive.  Further, you came just in time to help with next years MACNA!

I'd be happy to volunteer and lend a hand with whatever is needed for MACANA. What better way is there to get involved with the local community? :)

There is a store here in Manassas, but the last time i was there, things didn't look too good, lot of dead fish in the tanks.

It's next to the HD on Liberia, they had a few small tanks 75 Gal or so, there is Aquatic World in Leesburg behind HD on the 15 north.

The place i've seen with the most tanks so far is the Aquarium Center in Randallstown near Baltimore, tons of tanks in all shapes and sizes.

I'm in Manassas too if you need any help gimme a shout [nana]

Anton

Hey welcome to the DC Area!

I heading to Missouri in Nov, to chase some deer around. :D

We have several LFS in the area.

MarineScene in Herndon has an excellent store & selection but at a premium.

The Reeftank is another around Fairfax, great prices on LR, LS, Cleaner Crews, Corals and Fish. Livestock moves quick, so good place to stop in or better yet, call Mike and order.

Roozens as mentioned has an awesome collection on livestock, prices not bad either.

Wally Aquarium in Annandale, another also in Annandale, I believe its called Pet Store, alot of selection, big prices.

Vienna Aquarium is another choice. Lots of chains too.

Is this Vienna Aquariums?

Vienna Aquarium & Pets 303 Mill St. NE, Vienna, VA 22180 Phone: 703-242-0553

http://www.viennaaquariumandpets.com

Yes it is, I couldn't get beyond the main page, must have just put in online recently.

Not a bad store, have some unique items, a tad pricey on some things, but worth a stop in!

They just expanded a great deal, things could be changing soon? Pretty cool Pond setups they have for those into ponds.

Howard

Don't remember the name of the store there in Manasass, but that is where I found the cheapest tank, w/o going towards baltimore. Quoted $640 on a rr 180, not sure about livestock quality though. A.S.Pets, Aquatic world, vienna and wally's, and most everything else, was in the $700's. Does seem to depend on timing and avail, so call around. Glasscages.com is good if you want to wait for a show.