What is the club breeding in regards to fish?

Scott_LM

I am interested to know what the club members may be breeding on the side.

I am interested in possibly gettings some captive bred Bangaiis in the near future, but am more interested just what people are trying and having success with.

I had very minor success breeding Fridmanis(Orchid dottybacks) about 4 years ago. MichaelG used to have one of my offspring.

I may also be looking for cultures in the near future and it would be nice to have back-ups around town in case of crashes.

There used to be a member named BCJM(or something like that) that was doing clowns. Is he still around?

-Scott

As well, Jon Lazar is attempting to bread neon gobies I believe. He may have successfuly reared at this point... I'm not sure as I haven't spoken to him in a while.

Garrett.

Guest Larry-T

I have had success with Erectus seahorses.

Alot of fricking work. What ever you decide to do be prepared to spend alot of time to it.

I had plans to do a lot of breeding and to slowly move my mini-hatchery from fresh to marine. However, as I studied the requirements for succes, the one thing that seemed most necessary was to provide constant oversight of the process. It wasn't the hours involved, it was that some attention was required virtually every single day. I have reluctantly decided that as long as the government wants to keep sending me out of town on short notice for a week at a time, I'm going to hold off going into marine propagation until I retire.

Like I said above I had success breeding and raising a few orchid dottybacks. unfortunately it was just before I moved to Florida 3 yrs ago. MichealG took the survivors(4 or 5 of them) when I moved. I don't know whatever happened after that.

I am not looking to make money or have a large scale facility, but it would be nice to have a breeding pair to try every now and then. Phyto and Rotifers are easy to keep going once you are set up, so that is not a big deal. An hour or so a day is all it takes and look what would be given back to the hobby, especially in the case of Bangaiis.

Is anyone is the group doing Bangaiis. I would like to get 4 or 5 to make a pair.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a pair of yellow damsels breeding in my old 90g... talk about a pain. They were downright mean when protecting their "nest" The funny thing is, I didnt realize that they were breeding. I noticed some weird looking bubbles on the rocks in the back one day. The hatchlings didnt last long. I guess they aRe tasty.