Tank reset

menglish

Hello WAMAS,

So after 8 years of growth, and being devastated by losing SPS colonies (at least 10, some bigger that a basketball), I have decided to reset my tank. I have sunset monti that has  taken over many rocks and a peach hammer that is literally falling over from its own weight and size.

So, I need to get rid of a lot of corals.

Any ideas how i can sell off most of them in one big swoop or who would even be interested in taking all of them?  I would rather not go through the process of selling individual frags.

much thanks

Milton

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

I'd definitely be interested in some hammers Milton. I have a new tank I'm setting up and it would be fun to have a colony to add.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the losses. Perhaps someone with a large system could hold on to some for you?

if you were fragging, I’d definitely be interested, but I prefer to grow things from smaller frags, and I totally get not wanting to deal with that hassle. 

Depending on your timeline, you could possibly sell them at the next club meeting. 

Good luck, Milton. The market is wild and unpredictable right now. In my experience lately with colonies is you will either get lowballed, or if the pot is sweet enough, somebody will grab and then most likely chop it up and resell. 

so if you’re not in a rush, and you want the least amount of work, try and move it all together and be prepared to take a few weeks.

If you don’t mind about the monetary loss, price it all to move and then begin your next tank configuration.

if you want the most amount of money (which means the most amount of work) dice them up and sell frags. This means you’ll have to deal with more people as well, and as stated, you don’t want to go this route.

You could give them to the club and we could potentially frag them out for members at the next meeting, no matter what, you’ve got options.