25 Gallon Waterbox

TheMiz

Just started getting back into the hobby since 2013. My kids are really into it and we got the tank cycling this past Sunday. 

I had a bounce of dry rock I saved from when I took my setup down back in 2013. I added some love rock from my LFS as well as some rubble and bio balls with charcoal and filter floss in the back. I just picked up a Kessil AP9X light.

0AF5318A-9486-405F-888A-E71FF1A52E5A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

**Update**

Tank has completed the cycle.

Ammonia and Nitrite are at zero. 

I plan to bring a water sample to Supreme Reefs tomorrow to double check. 

I plan to do a 40% water change if everything checks out. Excited to get a few fish and some corals in there soon.

11C4CA7C-5802-4BA7-9C8D-DBB577F3C56E.jpeg

506C022B-1252-45A7-A99E-87558D73EE6A.jpeg

Looks great! The tank is awesome and what I had before I upgraded. You can see my progress in my signature. That light will be a monster for that little footprint. Good luck! 

Here is what I’m thinking for the fish stock list. The yellow tang is probably not gonna be needed if I have a good cleanup crew plus I would have to eventually sell it as a 25 gallon would be way to small for it. 

2AE49B8D-2545-4B79-A176-46CD038611DA.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lovely tank. Would you please share your weekly maintenance schedule? Assuming small tanks require regular water changes. I am new to saltwater and I am used to freshwater where you can even do 100% WC per week :D .