Anemone Compatibility

lynn.reef.nerd

Thanks for the link. I keep my maxi mini and rock flowers in the same tank, they seem fine for the last 1 year. Don't know if I would add my bubble tips to the same tank??

Great chart. I seem to recall seeing either a post or video from Bob Fenner (heck, maybe it was from when he was a speaker at a WAMAS meeting) in which he discussed anemones. He described a process for acclimating anemones and corals to each other by swapping small amounts of water between systems containing each. The reasoning being that they will all release their own toxins into the system at various levels. If you slowly acclimate them to each other in this manner, they basically become immune (not the right term, perhaps just tolerant is the better word) to each other’s toxins and can happily coexist in the same system. So after several weeks of this water swapping, the anemone is placed into the main system, and everyone is happy.

Will have to dig to see if I can find that. Does the club have slides from his talk that we could perhaps reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anecdotal but at one point I had a sebae, a condy, a rock flower, and several bubble tips in the same tank. They didn't kill anything except corals. According to the chart it looks like those 4 can either touch, or have no listed interaction, which in my particular case was accurate.