fragging torch help

hgtuner08

is there anybody around the area who has a fragging saw and would be available to help me frag down a torch with 10-15 heads.  As compensation if would give you have the frags we end up cutting out of the mother colony (plus so good pizza and beer).  I would just pony up and just do it but im scared to absolutely murder this torch so im asking for a little hand holding while i frag my first coral...aside from birdsnest but that doesnt count.

How separated are the heads? Do you have a picture? I have a dremmel with some diamond cutting wheels and typically frag them very easily with it. Would only need a saw if the heads are small and barely split.

the white flesh is what we dont touch, right?  Im just scared to ruin a super expensive piece of coral ive had for a few years and im out of my depth.  Ive never fragged anything before so im just trying to gather all the information.  

Yes that’s correct. You want to cut along the hard skeleton below the flesh. Before you remove it from the tank, it’s best to make it close up so that the heads aren’t as heavy and you keep from damaging them. You can just gently shake it, or blow water on it using a turkey baster or waving your hand in front of the heads. 

Your profile says you’re in Rockville. What’s your zip? I’m in Gaithersburg 20879. I don’t mind showing you how I frag them with my dremmel. Little messier than a saw, but very easy to do. Pm me if you still want some help and we can coordinate a day to get together.

I’m in sparrows point. I have a Dremel and diamond wheel as well. Thats your best bet, just take your time and do it.
If something falls through let me know and I’d be more then willing to help up and cut it up for/with you so you feel more comfortable next go round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk