Back to halides and happy I made the move

lowsingle

So I upgraded my tank and decided to focus more on aesthetics so I went back to a 250W reefbrite fixture with reefbrite blue led supplements and I am really happy with the look.  I am using the 250W radium 20K mogul bulbs.  This could be the best look I have seen and I have had every style of light you could imagine over the ~30 years of reefing.  I forgot how nice these bulbs make a reef look…..I wish I had done this before….good coverage and good twinkle without the fake look and my fish look so much prettier under a more natural looking light. I figure I would just spread the news as it was a post on Reef2reef that got me to consider the idea.

Darren

1 hour ago, epleeds said:

We need some pics. 

My pics are terrible, it is something that I hope to work on this year….you have to see it in person….for the first time my pearl wrasse actually looks pearly.

Darren

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Yeah, but let’s check back in August…

I remember the days of chillers and I hope not to go there again, but this time I have a couple advantages.  First I have a large sump in my basement that will act as a natural heat sink.  Second, I will only keep the halide on for 7hours a day.  Third, I am running it much higher than in the past (for better spread).  I will report back and we will see….

Darren