NooPsyche K7 PRO III

sigel7

Yeah, 3 of them with t5 on my 80 gallon. @telegraham did a review on HF build, for the price point they are good, pain to program, but once that’s over with it’s been good.

You can also consider the Uno 2.0. 

https://www.reefi-lab.com/reefi-uno-2-0-pro/

I hate the noops lol. Anything that takes me more than 30 min to figure out I am over it. 

I know they now have a wifi version but I have a lot of concern that they require you to download the app directly from their site instead of the google/apple store. That might just be my paranoia. 

1 hour ago, sigel7 said:

Do you know if they fit into a aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture? 

Yes, that’s how I’m running mine.

16 minutes ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

You can also consider the Uno 2.0. 

https://www.reefi-lab.com/reefi-uno-2-0-pro/

I hate the noops lol. Anything that takes me more than 30 min to figure out I am over it. 

I know they now have a wifi version but I have a lot of concern that they require you to download the app directly from their site instead of the google/apple store. That might just be my paranoia. 

Only have to program once, but it’s a pain. I don’t mess with wifi. One uno runs $$ more than two K7V3. 

I will break my back to save even a small amount of money.

1 minute ago, YHSublime said:

Only have to program once, but it’s a pain. I don’t mess with wifi. One uno runs $$ more than two K7V3. 

I will break my back to save even a small amount of money.

I have to check but I think one Uno covers the same as an XR30. Not sure how the Noops are. 

I will never break my back to save money. I can make more with my back well :) 

3 hours ago, sigel7 said:

Does anyone use these. Looking to replace my T5's for led. any suggestions is appreciated.

You have the option of staying with the form factor and using only LED bars. No programming, no WiFi, just simple on/off like T5. If going that route, you can get excellent coverage and spectrum for a reasonable price. I know Luca, and he was kind enough to allow me to help with his lights. I don't make anything by helping him. I just like what he's doing. He'll be able to recommend a combination of bars that come darn close to ATI Blue Plus.

https://www.quantareef.com/

20 minutes ago, sigel7 said:

Thanks, YHSublime. I'm with you on saving where you can this hobby is expensive enough. Do you think 3 would work on a 4" 120?

yes, my tank is also 4’, but shallower. My lights hang pretty high.

42 minutes ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

I have to check but I think one Uno covers the same as an XR30. Not sure how the Noops are. 

I will never break my back to save money. I can make more with my back well :) 

touche! 20 minutes of programming a light once is not back breaking, imo! Last set of lights I had (still have) we’re built by @AlanM, they are still better than 75% of the lighting options out there like 6 years later. 

22 minutes ago, telegraham said:

...and regarding the Noop, it's a good light, but for the money, a combination of Quanta Pros is better. 

Heard, I’m looking to ixnay the T5’s, I’ll look into these when I’m ready!

I had the II's, they worked just fine.  But yes, the controller can be very annoying when programming.  

From what I've seen the III's are even better.  I have a friend who's growing insanely colorful SPS and LPS under them that look amazing.

If I were looking for a light now, I'd be looking at getting them.

3 hours ago, waboss said:

I had the II's, they worked just fine.  But yes, the controller can be very annoying when programming.  

From what I've seen the III's are even better.  I have a friend who's growing insanely colorful SPS and LPS under them that look amazing.

If I were looking for a light now, I'd be looking at getting them.

3 months

93C677CD-AF1E-4237-92B8-C1FB15E3686D.jpeg