Dosing Pump - Burned Out - Next pump suggestions?

Reef Dweller

Hi All,

Looking for a new pump that I can use for the long haul will not burn out for some time ,and if it does has a easy replacement part or customer service to work with getting it fixed.  Anyone have a pump they love and would recommend?

This pump will be used to dose over 3,000 ML a day so its longevity and adjustability is key. This is the main pump that pushes in my kalkwasser daily and effectively is my ATO so needs to get adjusted weekly for evaporation changes. 

Cheers! 

Reef Dweller 

Lynn,

Thanks for the quick response. Im dosing saturated kalk I mix 6 grams per gallon (Brightwell Kalk +2) I find the extra Magnesium in this product helps keep my Calc from precipitating.  I am not using a reactor at this time but possibly as my tanks uptake builds I would think about it. 

Thanks again! 

Reef Dweller

I ask because kalk does a lot of damage to the hose and replacement can be a pain. I was actually looking at using the Kamoer Pro-T as recommended by another reefer but I am not sure how long they last tbh. 

That's why I went with a reactor because it is only carrying RODI water. 

I've heard of some older Kamoer continuous duty pumps lasting well in the long term (usually with calcium reactors), but they have so many versions now I couldn't tell you which one it actually was...

The Ecotech Versa is newer and seems to be reasonable well regarded as well, I would just avoid going with a standard dosing pump - continuous duty pumps are rated for many times the operational time as the single dosing ones which may be rated for only a couple thousand hours of actual on time.