Plumbing Question

YHSublime

Hey WAMAS:

I'm getting ready to order an overflow for the new build I'm setting up, and I have some sizing questions. 

First, I'm planning on using this overflow. It says the drains on the bulkheads are 1.5", so what schedule/size PVC will I need? 

Second, the sump I plan to use has 1" bulkheads, does it make sense to reduce the plumbing to connect? 

Lastly, I'm going to order some plugs for the bulkheads to plug the tanks one 1" drain, and one 3/4" return, will these do the trick

Thanks in advance!

It's obviously been a while, I remember that bulkheads are labeled by the plumbing they accept, so I'm presuming I'll want 1.5" PVC. I also discovered that schedule 80 vs 40 both have the same outer diameter, so those bulkhead plugs should work. 

Yep, 1.5" for sc 40/80 is same on the outside. 80 is thicker and that is taken up on the inside. I know you ordered plumbing already but if you had the sump first, you can check to see if you can replace the 1" returns w/ 1.5". My sump (i used fiji's) allowed me to change out bulkhead sizes and I used my own pipes rather than the comes that came with the sump.

Does anybody know if 3/4” male will line up on a threaded 3/4” female bulkhead:

0CAC6F67-6B3B-47B3-B1AA-FD0CEBF660F9.thumb.jpeg.851830697022f75780f0fd509f4ff483.jpeg
this is the only piece I ordered that won’t work, as I got a female threaded, won’t work with the female bulkhead.

everything else used looking perfect!

Not sure why but I had to re-read your question a few times because for some reason it feels like a trick question. Yes, if both are 3/4" and one is female and one is male, they should connect.

Edited by howaboutme
Typo

10 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Not sure why but I had to re-read your question a few times because for some reason it feels like a trick question. Yes, if both are 3/4" and one if female and one is male, they should connect.

thanks! it’s all confusing