Alternative to Powder Coating Steel stand

lynn.reef.nerd

What is a cheaper alternative to coat a steel stand? 

I was looking into powder coating but the pricing has gone up super high.

I had another person recommend epoxy paint but is that a good long term alternative? 

Any suggestion appreciated. Thank you. 

What you should be looking for are "metal coating" products. Look at PPG or Tnemec, both are used in construction. I believe Tnemec is offered in single gallons but likely has minimums. Most are at least 2 coats, primer and finish/top coat. I'd recommend you have a professional commercial painter do this. I do not believe they sell to individuals. Prepare for sticker shock, not your home depot paints.

14 hours ago, ScooterTDI said:

Epoxy paints were my first thought as well. Might even be more durable than powder coat if the surface is well-prepared.

thanks. 

10 hours ago, howaboutme said:

What you should be looking for are "metal coating" products. Look at PPG or Tnemec, both are used in construction. I believe Tnemec is offered in single gallons but likely has minimums. Most are at least 2 coats, primer and finish/top coat. I'd recommend you have a professional commercial painter do this. I do not believe they sell to individuals. Prepare for sticker shock, not your home depot paints.

gotcha. Yeah, was hoping for something I can just do at home. Don't want to have to transport it places. My husband is going to weld the stand.