Pics of my tanks...

copps

I'm going to soon take a new round of photos of my two systems and post them in the gallery here on WAMAS... until them I have two links each to one of my systems on saltwaterfish.com for those who'd like to check it out... I've upgraded from the nano and hopefully this will cut down on the inquiries of "Are you the guy who got clearance from the wife to put that nano in the kitchen?" :D .

Anyway soon I'll post threads with updated pics, as a lot of things have changed, and hopefully after Mac tomorrow I'll have even more (already have a colored teardrop maxima coming prt ). Until then you could check out these threads... My name on the board is Brooklyn Johnny (NYC/New Jersey transplant)...

65 gallon sps

54 gallon mixed

See you all tomorrow!!!

Guest drgnchk

Nice tank hope they stay beautiful.

R fsh1]]  fsh2]]

Thanks guys... Glenn I'll definately host one soon, although people are welcome by whenever. See you all tomorrow  [beer2]

Guest cjm033

john i saw on that site you like ice hockey. i was wandering if you play or just watch. and if you play what position are ya?

-Chris

Hey Chris... Ice hockey and aquariums have always been the two major things in my life. I was on skates at age 2 and played Tier I youth hockey from age 6 with the Ramapo Saints in Suffern New York. I played then for three years from age 18 with the Washington Junior Capitals in the Metropolitan Junior Hockey League (MJHL) and was their Captain during the '96/'97 and '97/'98 seasons. I now play at the Ashburn Ice House in the Adult A league which is good competition but is mainly for the  [beer2] . I have always been a forward... center and left wing. I actually coached Loudoun County High School's team for a couple of years but put it on hold until we have kids I guess as it is very time consuming... Do you play?

Guest cjm033

yeah i play at fredericksburg ice park, and im a goalie.

-Chris

Guest andrejka

Incredible!!!  I bet you'll be a Reefcentral "Tank of the Month" title holder in the nearest future (one more for our area!).

Now I just have to see your tanks before I go to exile...

Guest Kimo

John,

As always, awesome.  And your cardinals are spawning?  Egads...

J

Thanks everyone...

The tank is looking much better now and I'm going to take some more pictures. Robie (Robz) is also going to come by to take some shots. As soon as I have these ready I'll post them to the gallery...

Andre you are welcome by any time...

Jamie yes there are a few pairs that spawn, and they get very aggressive. One of them recently had an eye bitten out, but has settled back in. The group remains at 10, and I think this amount does them well because it disperses aggression. When our house is ready and I move (December this year) I will probably try and isolate some of these guys and concentrate on spawning them. These are nowhere near as easy as Bangais apparently as the fry are much smaller.

gudgreef I got them and many other fish from liveaquaria.com. They currently don't have the Apogon cyanosoma cardinals in stock, but check back often as they update a few times a day. They have a great guarantee and give no follow up questions. These cardinals are delicate shippers, so I recommend buying them with a guarantee. They do have in stock the longspine cardinals which Robie Sayan has (Robz) which are also beautiful.

I have always loved cardinals... they are often overlooked but make a nice addition to reef tanks...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrejka

John,

Thank you for having us over!  Pics are coming.