Fish Suggestions

tpallas

Looking for some suggestions for my 70g tank....I have a pair of Ocellaris clowns and a tomini tang who are mean. I've recently added a six line and a one spot foxface, but before that the clowns and the tang killed several wrasses and a pygmy angel. The six line and foxface are holding their own. Looking to add another fish or two while I still can....any recommendations? Needs to be shrimp/crab safe and relatively coral safe.

Longnose hawkfish is one of my favorites. Their less active swimming/perching seems to draw less aggression. If you have very small shrimp perhaps an issue, but i’ve never had issues with my fire shrimp and longnose.

Most of the fish I've kept are pretty peaceful and wouldn't hold up with aggressive tankmates, but thinking about it... what about a dragonet?  I don't know if the scooters are the same, but the mandarins seem to just not care at all when other fish try to intimidate them.  I've seen fish push into them sideways and they just keep on doing their thing, and since they generally stick to the ground/rockwork, they probably don't trigger as strong a response as free swimming fish.

Do the clowns pursue the other fish around the tank, or do they just defend their territory?  If they're not hosting in something yet, maybe getting them a spot to host will keep their aggression more localized, freeing up the other space in the tank somewhat.