LF someone to Drill my tank

So4real

Hello WAMAS family. I'm hoping there is someone able to drill my 75 gal tank so I don't have to get out of the hobby. I'm getting married and was told that I cannot put my tank in the livingroom because of the noise associated with the external overflow box. I am willing to pay for someone's time and service if reasonable. We will be moving in together by end of August,  so hoping to have it done by Mid August.  Thx a million 

20190725_121540.jpg

Can you convert the drain in the external box to something quieter?  Drilling could certainly be an option but I imagine changing the overflow plumbing would be a lot less invasive.

Is the noise coming from the drain itself, or from the splashdown in the sump?

Can you convert the drain in the external box to something quieter?  Drilling could certainly be an option but I imagine changing the overflow plumbing would be a lot less invasive.

Is the noise coming from the drain itself, or from the splashdown in the sump?

Good questions that could have a big impact on the work that needs to be down. I thought those siphon overflows in FW tanks were silent.

I’ve drilled several tanks but that big boy would scare me. A lot harder to replace in a pinch than a 50g low boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am not doing it correctly,  but I've tried during the Herbie or whatever it's called method to quiet the noise, but it hasn't worked out as good as I thought it would and I am a little worried about possibly flooding my floors because it seems like after a couple of days, the water is up pretty high in the box.

How does your current external one work?  Do you have a link to the product somewhere so we can see what it is?  Maybe we could help it work better.

Drilling a tank is never a guarantee.  I think anyone who would come to help drill it for you would want you to definitely be OK with losing the tank since it can crack even if someone is being careful.

You also have to be really sure that the glass is not tempered.  Many tanks are tempered because it makes the glass harder, but if you try to drill a tempered glass tank it explodes into a million pieces.  If you know the manufacturer you could ask them.