BRS and Marine Depot merged

MODreefer

Just announced, Bulk Reef Supply and Marine Depot have merged. Today’s vlog, by BRS, on YouTube explains a lot of the changes. Also attempting to dissuade the negative chatter about them price gouging. They look like they want to invest in product development to bring us new features in the equipment we use for our tank systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no problem with either, and BRS does seem to put some effort into getting better products and educating people about them, so while it's really not bad news, I can't bring myself to think it's good news.

No hate to them, I'm still happy enough to shop there, but we're loosing major dry goods suppliers every few years and that reduces competition and makes it even harder for new businesses to break in and compete with the ever more dominant force.

Speaking in generalizations a move like this is not likely to be good for the consumer but I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt. Both are excellent retailers and I've had good experiences. I'm guessing that MD already had issues in order for them to even consider being acquired. I just hope we continue to have the diversity in products/brands currently provided by both.

If you watch the BRSTV video, they answer a lot of those questions up front. And they were honest about some questions they didn’t have an answer for at this time. As for prices, they say normal price increases will occur and some items will see larger increases. However, those price increases are expected due to microchip shortages and shipping costs. The YouTube video explains better than I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD has a liquidation sale going on now. Just about everything is on a decent discount (other than the usuals that never go on sale). I picked up a bunch of stuff. Worth scrolling through!