Nano Reboot

This aquarium was set up for about 1.5 years and I grew tired of the mixed black and white sand, so this is the reboot. All of the live rock, corals, and creatures are in my frag tank system in the basement.

Equipment:
24 gallon JBJ AIO
JBJ OEM LED hood
Aqueon heater
Inkbird Temperature Controller
InTank media basket
Jeboa DP-4 doser
Jeboa SLW-10 Powerhead

Dosing:
Dosing channel 1 - Kalkwasser
Dosing channel 2 - Empty
Dosing channel 3 - Empty
Dosing Channel 4 - Empty

The good stuff:
Fiji Pink Live Sand
1 gallon of Copepods
1 quart of nanno/tetra phytoplankton
Mixed Macroalgae in the middle refugium
8 cubes of marine pure block
Two bags of ceramic media

4d5c726aa7741ec425ffc3bbc0616d12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Things have gone sideways as the tank has now become a rehab tank for a green spot mandarin.

He’s been in there for a few days.

Very thin and emaciated with caved in stomach the first night. Stomach is now flat.

I added 1 gallon of mixed Copepods to the tank when I set it up alOng with daily phytoplankton dosing and 32 ounces of pods added daily. The fish is eating pods and live brine.

Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate are non-detectable. Refugium in the back.

5bbc6cbb32e08c3327c7a54caaf7a3c4.jpg

Some more photos of the mandarin and the tank. No filtration aside from biological. Marine pure block, live rock, and ceramic bio media from the old system and frag tank.

This morning he looked pale and his head was covered in sand. I for sure thought he was dead. Nope, just sleeping. hoping he pulls through
7ff210efdeee32fbb4643bf28bff6057.jpg
f5878f42395e8953d078373cdf357920.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some updated photos of the scape and current inhabitants. The lower tier of the scape is being added tonight.

I took PAR readings on the OEM jbj lighting over the weekend and will take readings on the AI Prime tonight. I like the controllability of the Prime but some initial testing looks like it’s only 2/3 the output of the JBJ lights. Also the disco ball effect with the Prime is noticeable and I’m not a fan.

f65dc8af7924e57d8e2467d4cc66413c.jpg

7274a0a70d6751a89c34b18cd86f1714.jpg

6238f25c8115b58e12952c6c1843b74e.jpg

I have PAR readings (using the clubs PAR meter) for the Prime HD (not 16) that I posted here:

I wasn't  completely blown away with the readings but they are adequate for a small tank and my SPS are fine. I didn't take the readings at everything 100%. I took it at a spectrum that would most likely use taking it all factors. Your tank looks much deeper though.

I have PAR readings (using the clubs PAR meter) for the Prime HD (not 16) that I posted here:

I wasn't  completely blown away with the readings but they are adequate for a small tank and my SPS are fine. I didn't take the readings at everything 100%. I took it at a spectrum that would most likely use taking it all factors. Your tank looks much deeper though.

Nice build thread! I took readings tonight and will post them at some point. My water column is about 15” in depth from the surface to the sand bed. It looks like the readings will be fine for plenty of softies on the floor and LPS on the scape.

Mounted the frammers and frogspawn.
0b6dcf0b47319d0bb55580d8cb3e039f.jpg

5a8891dbb11fd303ac1eba24bcfc7ddc.jpg

I still have a large chunk of live rock on the left side that’s simply assisting with filtration for the time being as this new “life rock” cures and becomes populated.

Interesting to see the difference between the non-HD and the HD versions are. Thanks for posting.