Sand exchange

dhoch

I'm thinking of doing a sand exchnage...

Idea is this... I will set up a 40 gallon breader tank.

Everyone who is interested can bring 1-3 baggies full of sand (w/critters) to the next meeting (October 4th).

I will take all the baggies combine them in the 40 gallon tank and let them simmer from october thru january.

At that time (the winter meeting) I will return everyone a hopefully more deversified same amount of sand.

Let me know if you are interested?

Dave

I can't go to the Oct meeting, but I'll try to find someone to take some sand for me.

Raf? Scott? Riley? If you're going to the meeting can I drop some sand off w/ you to deliver?

Inna, I would do 2 things to disuade that:

1) If you know you have nasties, and want to participate, bring me some unused sand.

2) I'll do a fair amount of screening myself.

Dave

Inna, I would do 2 things to disuade that:

1) If you know you have nasties, and want to participate, bring me some unused sand.

2) I'll do a fair amount of screening myself.

Dave

Sounds like a great idea. But how exactly are you gonna screen for nasties/parasites?

-- Rob

I'm going to have to eyeball it...

I know what those flatworms look like... other than that it would be something that would live primarily on a single thing (zoo/monit eating nudi)... those likely won't make it the 3 months.. kinda like a quaranteen.

Dave

I can't go to the Oct meeting, but I'll try to find someone to take some sand for me.

Raf? Scott? Riley? If you're going to the meeting can I drop some sand off w/ you to deliver?

Dave

Count me in. I will bring the bag to the Oct meeting.

Dan

I will pick up your bag of sand with the CO2 tank. Hopefully sometime before the Oct 4 meeting.

Jacob

count me in

I think the worst that could happen is we loose a cup or 2 of sand I would give someone with a new tank that much to seed their tank anyway. If there is anything "nasty" I would think we will probably know about it within 3 months.