Fragging LPS

PK3

I’m thinking about fragging a couple heads off of my gold frogspawn colony but have never tried fragging any type of branching LPS before. For those that have experience with this, what do you find to be the best method/tool to do this? Band saw? Any tips? Little nervous to even try this for obvious reasons. Thanks.

Bone cutter works just fine. Nip it off by the branch and avoid cutting too close to the head. Alternatively if you can remove the whole colony, dremel can do the job too.

Dremel makes it easy and gets clean cuts. Bone cutters work too, but just be careful not to crush the skeleton (don’t just crunch down), use more of a torque and snap technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions and tips. I think your responses rule out bone cutter a) because I don’t want any chance of crushing the skeleton, but also b) the heads of the frogspawn are each really thick (ie I’ve seen euphyllia that are thin where they can almost just break off accidentally but these branches/heads are thick). Haven’t decided what to do yet but if/when the time comes, sounds like dremel is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...