Stocking list

bues0022

I’m in the planning stages of setting up my 3’ cube. It’s about 130 gallons. I have a few fish ideas, and am looking for some tips, criticism, ideas, and everything in between. Overall, I have a few favorite fish I’ve always wanted, and want to mix in other quality fish (bonus points for it doing something good - like eating bubble algae, aiptasia, or other nasties). I’m also looking for a good variety of shapes, colors, swimming styles, etc. 

1: pair Picasso clowns (have)

2: pair orchid dottybacks (have)

3: firefish (have)

4: diamond goby (have)

5: Hector’s goby (had but died during early stages of my divorce. My sons favorite fish)

6: Heniochus Diphreutus (top fav for me)

7: yellow tank (what’s a big tank without a yellow tang?!?!)

8: clown tang (another favorite of mine)

9: school blue/green chromis (nice color pop, active swimmers)

10: gold spot rabbit fish (will this eat bubble algae like the other rabbit fish? Might get too big?)

11: ember blenny (not stuck on this, but I’d like an interesting blenny)

12: Ruby Longtin fairy wrasse (I don’t know much about wrasses - maybe a couple different ones? Yellow coris? Flasher? Raccoon? Tips are needed here)

That’s it for now. What are your thoughts? What “must have” fish would you put in the tank?

I would not put a Clown tang or Heniochus Diphreutus in that size tank. Also with the yellow tang and a pair of spotbreast angelfish with all the other fish will be pushing it in my opinion. 

So I did more looking - seems as though despite the places that sell clown tangs saying a tank size, the concern is they need a huge tank (400 ga). So, it’s a shot to the heart for sure, but clown tang for sure out. 

heniochus seems to be similar? Needs more swimming room? 

What else could I look at for the clown tang replacement? 

Your tank is too small for any kind of Acanthurus tang. They like to do long laps in a tank and anything smaller than 6 foot tank is not good for them. For that size tank look at Ctenochaetus or Zebrasoma (which you already have). As far as Heniochus Diphreutus goes, that is just a hard fish to keep and I only suggest them for experts.

Thanks for more info. I’ve been in the hobby for 10ish yeahs - just never had a tank this big so there’s a whole new category of fish for me to look at (never had a tank big enough to allow for tangs). I appreciate the thoughts and info. I guess my eyes were bigger than my tank!