Tank Overhaul Party

Charlie97L

hey guys, my tank is having a major algae bloom, i don't like the sand i have, and i have a few huge bristleworms, so i'm doing a minor overhaul on saturday... anyone that wants to come out and help or just come and hang out is appreciated! i should be able to provide all guests with a pink/purple ricordia yuma off of my colony that i need to majorly thin out... :)

anyway, i think it's just a bit more than i can handle doing in 1 day, so any help would be great. :)

i'm in rockville, right by white flint mall, i'll post directions once i see how much interest there is.

Charlie

Wish I could help you, I'm out of commission this weekend. Would like to help sometime down the road, always glad to see other members in our part of the world!

that's ok man... i hope i'll get at least 1 or 2 people. i haven't had a lot of experience with doing a major change like this... what's the max water change you think i should do? 25%?

i'm going to start doing 5 gallon daily changes tonight in preparation for this...

the main problem was my TDS meter was wonky, and not reading right (something got on the sensor)... and my top off water was going like 110ish for the past few weeks. gah!

also, if anyone has any experience plumbing rodi systems, i'm not convinced all the lines on mine are hooked up right... i got mine used, and it was all taken apart. i think i had it right, (i'm not positive) it was working ok for a while, but now i'm not sure. i'll get some pics up this evening.

I could come by for couple of hours late morning/afternoon on Sat.

I'm pretty new at this myself so I can't offer much advice but I can provide another pair of hands.

Chris

I could come by for couple of hours late morning/afternoon on Sat.

I'm pretty new at this myself so I can't offer much advice but I can provide another pair of hands.

Chris

that would be awesome! that's what i'm lookin for, a few pairs of hands. :) heh. i'll let you know with finality on like, friday. (I don't *think* i have to work this weekend, but i never know.)

whenever people can get there... 11 ish, maybe? i'm flexible... i do have to make a quick trip out for the sand at 10 when A1 opens, but other than that, we're good. hopefully it'll get done in quick enough time to make a F&F run later that afternoon. i should get a start on the plumbing tonight.

btw, anyone who comes and helps is more than welcome to come watch football on my 106" pj on sunday afternoon! :) go skins! (or whoever you like).

ok guys... party starts at 10:30-11 ish on saturday morning!

10722 Pine Haven Terrace

Rockville, MD 20852

240 498 3404

right off of tuckerman lane, between old georgetown and 355. mapquest it... super easy.

i'm hoping to have the plumbing done by friday night...

i'll have a few emeralds and 1 or 2 scarlet hermits available, if anyone wants them... my tank is now 99% valonia free, and i can lose them, my tang will hit the rest. i'm going red tip and blue knuckle only.

objectives!!! (i'm going to use a lot of exclamation points here.)

1) get that dang huge bristleworm OUT!!!

2) get the emeralds/hermits out!!!

3) clean up my t5 actinic wiring (and some other stuff)!!

4) replace 1/2 (approx) of my sand bed!

5) reaquascape and mount all coral!!

6) sand and aquascape frag tank (GOT BIG PLANS!!)

7) big ole water change!!

8) sand and aquascape fuge!

9) in tank pod hotel construction!

10) black paper on the back wall of the tank!

in addition to providing each of you with ricordia frags, i will also be sponsoring a road trip to F&F (hopefully we'll be done midafternoon with all this stuff) so I can pick up my super special frag tank livestock! (and maybe one or two other things). :)

you call can also admire my modern art piece. i call it "$15.00 bottle of BRK reef glue permanently affixed to my reef tank canopy" ha!

we'll have a game on the big screen, or a movie, whatever, for breaks! snacks too!

Charlie

howard's got the right idea with the !!!s... they make it so much more fun to write! :-D

PS GUYS if you're coming, shoot me a PM!

cool man!

Charlie my daughter has ballet and the soccer team I coach plays at 1130 so after 1215-1230 or so... I can only stay for a bit, I have an appointment for a tank shoot with a friend, I'll call you after the game :)

Charlie my daughter has ballet and the soccer team I coach plays at 1130 so after 1215-1230 or so... I can only stay for a bit, I have an appointment for a tank shoot with a friend, I'll call you after the game :)

cool man!

anyone else, it's on, just come on by/give me a call!