Questions on cheap Amazon RO membrane?

thewire

Personally, I keep things built for reef keeping, that others have been successful with.  I pay more for better equipment and the highest quality filters to ensure I don't have issues.  I also incorporate other techniques to keep a clean looking tank.  Otherwise with so many factors it's difficult to isolate if a problem occurs, and probably something none of us would think of.  With that said, money is a factor and sometimes experimentation is part of the process.  The chemists and engineers amongst us probably have better feedback for you.  

Typical stabilized salt rejection on this cheaper filter is 97% (96% min.). That's borne out by some of the reviews I just read. On the Dow Filmtec, it's 99% with a minimum of 98%. Under typical circumstances, you can expect your DI resin to last 3x longer with the Filmtec membrane (1% of dissolved salts passing through) versus the cheaper membrane (3% of dissolved salts). Operationally, you'll spend far more on DI resin before you have to change out your membrane. The Filmtec membrane is likely going to be a better choice.