Dino??

brianisoutside

This started growing recently and I think it’s Dino. I tested at very low nitrates and .23 phos. I turned my skimmer off to try and let the water dirty back up with some nitrates but don’t want my phosphate to get higher. Any suggestions? d36b0ec13e14f57030fdf1bc2a78af1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like high probability of dino. You can get a cheap microscope for less than $20 to confirm. You’re likely nitrate limited, so dosing nitrates may actually allow phosphate to drop down.

Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like high probability of dino. You can get a cheap microscope for less than $20 to confirm. You’re likely nitrate limited, so dosing nitrates may actually allow phosphate to drop down.

Yes I am going to try that too. I ordered some nitrate, just waiting another day or two for shipping

I agree.  It does look like dinos.  It's too brown for maroon cyano and looks exactly like when I had them.  

What worked for me was manual removal plus UV plus running the tank dirtier plus dino-x.  So, feeding extra and skimming less and chemical.  I did turn down the lights a bit while doing it so I didn't grow lots of algae and because they expanded in the light a lot.  A total blackout didn't do it for me.