Digital camera help

phisigs79

Ok so i have a sony 3.5 mp camera that about 3 years old and whenever i do a full zoom pictures of my tank they are completly blurry. Anyone have advise or can advise me on a camera to get some pics like some of you? 143 gadgets?????

first, don't use the zoom on a point and shoot camera.

You should have a setting on your camera for close up pics. Some times it is the little icon that looks like a flower. Find that setting and don't zoom. My camera and yours will not be able to get high quality pics like Chris (gadgets). His is a SLR (single-lens reflex) which take much better pictures than our point and shoots.

Try and use a tripod or press the camera up against the glass. Don't use a flash either.

No reason you shouldn't use a zoom on a point and shoot camera... BUT... when you are zoomed on a point and shoot you are definitly going to want to use a tripod for anything thats fairly close...

Does your camera actually focus on what you are taking a picture of, but it comes out blurry? If so a tripod is the solution.

Or if your camera can not focus you are too close to what you are taking a picture of... two things... one look for a macro setting on your camera (typically a flower) and use that it will allow you to focus closer to an object.

Option 2 is back away :)

Dave

It doesnt focus. I ll try the flower thing but i usually need to back away pretty far to get a semi decent picture. I want a new one!

not more than $200. How is the Minolta dimage?

or you can come over and take so pics for me! :biggrin:

you know you want to

I've had the exact same problem on a similar older Sony digital camera. I bought a Cannon instead and the zoom/focus works perfectly. I think there is something inherently wrong with older Sony cameras.

:gho:

-- Rob

• 2 weeks later...

not more than $200. How is the Minolta dimage?

or you can come over and take so pics for me! :biggrin:

Get a used nikon d1.

Garrett.

FishTank1-30-06114.jpg

Nikon D1 with Sigma Macro 50mm f/2.8 EX lens.

• 7 months later...

I need to get a new camera too, I have a hp point and shoot POS