Aiptasia farm to TOTM? Pico build.

Always wanted to try a proper PICO reef. I love DIY but the wifey says I have too many projects so hopefully this will limit just how much I can do with it.

My challenge for myself is to see if I can keep up maintenance on this tank and make it presentable enough to possibly be nominated for a TOTM.

Picked it up as a aptasia garden (seriously 100+ anems)*. This tank was an over run, neglected mess when I picked it up, no usable filtration media, clogged return pump that was only putting out a trickle, and a dying Hydor Koralia nano for "flow."

*I am almost 100% positive that I'm going to empty the tank out clean it out and do a reset on it but for now while I'm a gathering the equipment to get the tank up to par with expectations I'm using it as an opportunity to experiment with different eradication techniques.

** I have since sold off the clowns as I felt like a 5 gallon was a way too small for a clown pair.

I plan to also make this a DIY ideas thread as well as a build thread. Lots of customization but all stuff an average person could duplicate. MVIMG_20200828_194827.thumb.jpg.737dfe2535aec395dc4d54851fbaa807.jpgIMG_20200820_121401.thumb.jpg.f365ada7e635fb40b62ee7fad03b42c6.jpg

On 9/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, D805 said:

Loving the 3D printed stuff. Been wanting to get into the 3D printing. What printer are you using?

I am not positive what in tank / media baskets uses to print their stuff nor what VCA uses to print theirs (see below) But the media rack and lid was printed on a upgraded creatality ender 3 by a neighbor