Troubleshooting Red Sea Berlin X2 Venturi skimmer

Still_human

I have a Berlin x2 Venturi skimmer which i tried setting up, since I’ve recently been having problems with my, and the 2 new seaclone skimmers i got, but even though it SEEMS to be working, I can’t get any air to go in. I can’t find any troubleshooting info, or even detailed set-up instructions, and since everything looks fine, I have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have experience with them, and any thoughts on troubleshooting for air not going in?

*does anyone have any general thoughts about this type of skimmer? I never really used it, as I got a better one right after I got this real cheap, so I didn’t even get a chance to see how well worked. Or obviously, familiar enough with it to figure out what’s wrong with it, now. 

the picture is exactly what I have, with all the exact same parts/pieces. I actually somehow can’t find a real photo of the EXACT skimmer/model even though I know it was not an obscure skimmer.

And mine appears to be in exactly the same situation/set-up as the picture.

*i have the correct pump for it, that’s working perfectly fine. Mine didn’t come with the pump, but I looked into it, and it’s the exact one it is supposed to have, and I DID actually set it up and see it run correctly, with the air working, back in the day when I first got it, but for less than a day.

E5212555-B940-4455-B677-66B4E6986B86.jpeg

Edited by Still_human