Today's Clueless Newbie Exclamation

squiddly

"Look honey, I thought we only had ONE Arrow Crab," I exclaimed before finding that the "second" Arrow Crab was indeed its molted skeleton. D'oh.

LOL

I didn't panic when my peppermints molted the first time as I'd been haunting the forums long enough to know to expect it.

My husband, however, was quite worried. "Honey, I think one of your shrimp died!"

LOL

I didn't panic when my peppermints molted the first time as I'd been haunting the forums long enough to know to expect it.

My husband, however, was quite worried. "Honey, I think one of your shrimp died!"

Mine did the same thing.... "you'd better test the water again, you lost a shrimp." I believed him, not having seen the skeleton. But then I saw both of them sitting on the rock and assumed it must have resurrected. Always something to learn :-)

:biggrin: no matter how many years I been doing this... every time I see an empty shell, or a molted body... the first things that comes to mind is.." ok, who ate it" ?.... then I realize that oopps! they molted again. :lol:

:bounce:

:biggrin: no matter how many years I been doing this... every time I see an empty shell, or a molted body... the first things that comes to mind is.." ok, who ate it" ?.... then I realize that oopps! they molted again. :lol:

:bounce:

I'm amazed at how big the critters are growing, and how quickly they're molting. I had no idea that arrow crabs molted that way too. He's basically doubled in size since I got him about a month ago. I hope when we come back from vacation in 2 weeks that I don't have a foot tall arrow crab menacing the tank.