Is this velvet?

SixtyFeetUnder

If so it’s the first time I’ve seen it in 15 years of reefing and my display tank is about to be doomed. I initially thought it was ich but now I’m much more concerned. Any advice?

083cdf34a2bc9ab1525ad37aa05249fa.jpg

da12e174a9b7ed3365677231b07dbb21.jpg

6618ea888d0895a9ad6a1964032d87a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spots are larger and can be counted, so I’d guess really bad ich and a secondary bacterial infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with jhOU: both ich and an infection. 

Lots of times you can let an otherwise healthy tank ride out a few ich spots.  In this case I would pull that fish out and treat for the infection and the ich.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, SixtyFeetUnder said:

If so it’s the first time I’ve seen it in 15 years of reefing and my display tank is about to be doomed. I initially thought it was ich but now I’m much more concerned. Any advice?

How long has this been going on, and is there any update?  Is there any other fish in that system?  If so, how do they look? 
Velvet gives the fish somewhat of a dull look, and it almost looks like mucus is coming off the fish.  This looks like it may be the later stage of some other infection(s), but I wouldn’t characterize it as velvet.  

It could be that the fish contracted either a bacterial or fungal infection thastressed it out, leading to an inch outbreak.