How do you fix a crack in acrylic?

molcott

Got a brand new frag tank and filled it up only to discover a crack in the acrylic. Any ideas on how to fix it?4119a7b3e1dccd40f974271dcf9ac5fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

you can try weld on #4 it's like a water type to get into the deep part of the crack. then I believe #16 is the thicker version for the bigger gap. still not comfortable with that go over it with silicon

1 hour ago, lowlizard said:

you can try weld on #4 it's like a water type to get into the deep part of the crack. then I believe #16 is the thicker version for the bigger gap. still not comfortable with that go over it with silicon

Awesome thanks

Is the seam intended to support significant water pressure? It seems that is probably a frag tank from the picture or a very shallow one but I may be interpreting the perspective incorrectly. Since it is new, any change to contact the manufacturer for a fix?

21 minutes ago, Yachaq said:

Is the seam intended to support significant water pressure? It seems that is probably a frag tank from the picture or a very shallow one but I may be interpreting the perspective incorrectly. Since it is new, any change to contact the manufacturer for a fix?

it is a small frag tank and the manufacturer offered to fix it and even pay to have it shipped back to california but I wanted it up and running so the manufacturer is giving me a 30 dollar credit on a future purchase