Biocube for Pygmy Octopus

molcott

From what I remember, any kind of octo is hard to keep in captivity. I think @davelin315 tried some a long time ago...

21 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

From what I remember, any kind of octo is hard to keep in captivity. I think @davelin315 tried some a long time ago...

Difficult yes I'm more concerned with coming up with a lid option they can't escape from

I have had a couple of joubini octopuses and never had them in a completely sealed aquarium.  Only escapees I have ever had were actually a species I tentatively identified as starry night octopuses and that was when one crawled through a bulkhead screen and into my shark tank - you can imagine that didn’t go very well at all.  That said, they are apt to potentially crawl out of a bio cube or into the filtration area.  I have not had any that really went out of the water but they can certainly do so if they want to so I would view the overflow as the biggest hazard.  I have sealed off overflows with screen so they can’t squeeze through but if memory serves me correctly biocubes have decent sized slots so not sure what you would use to do this.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, davelin315 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TcJnXQ8ectr13cZW9
This is my current octopus. Unfortunately she appears to be aging too much and might be on the decline but what a journey it has been so far with her.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That is awesome thanks for the info too