Dyed Sun Coral

7 minutes ago, WheresTheReef said:

I hope you have a way to get your money back. Thanks for sharing!

I don't think most stores that sell know that it is happening. If I return it to the fish store, I'm just worried they will lose money on something they aren't responsible for.

18 minutes ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

I don't think most stores that sell know that it is happening. If I return it to the fish store, I'm just worried they will lose money on something they aren't responsible for.

This is a fraudulent coral.  They're responsible to make things right to you.  Their wholesaler or distributor is responsible to make things right for them.  And so on, back to the point of the fraud.

If you want to help the store, add to the demand signal of pissed-off customers so they can go back to their supplier and demand restitution for all the lost sales.  You could also get your 100% refund, then offer to purchase the coral at regular sun coral prices.  Or you could buy a different, healthy coral.  Or buy a gift certificate for a future coral.

If we hobbyists just shrug and chalk it off to experience, the problem will continue.

(edited)

I agree with Jon. If there is no push back then the problem will persist. Money is a motivator to do things the right way. Spreading the word to others helps fight the problem too.

Edited by WheresTheReef