Need help designing a mount for T5 fixture for a peninsula tank

razzpatazzz

(edited)

I managed to bring home and setup tpallas' peninsula drop-off tank, and it came with a 24" T5 fixture I would like to use, except I am told no drilling this time. 

I thought about using a floating mount like this video: 

I'd copy what he did, use 1515 with gusset + plates and drill it into the stand on one side. Anyone have any experience designing something similar? I'm worried on if a L joint would hold up to the weight of the 24" T5 fixture well enough or if it would end up failing. I would appreciate any sort of insight. Thanks!

Alternatively, looking for suggestions on how to mount LED's to the tank in a clean way, assuming I use the LED arms for each LED. One in the back and one to the side maybe?

Edited by razzpatazzz

5 hours ago, sethsolomon said:

if you use 2 of these for the corner fasteners you will be fine: https://8020.net/4352-black.html

Thanks! I guess ill bedoing 2 of those + corner gusset and hopefully that's good enough.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to mount it onto the stand so that it's actually secure and won't come off.

1 hour ago, razzpatazzz said:

Thanks! I guess ill bedoing 2 of those + corner gusset and hopefully that's good enough.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to mount it onto the stand so that it's actually secure and won't come off.

do you have a metal or wood stand?

1 minute ago, sethsolomon said:

do you have a metal or wood stand?

It's a steel skeleton with a wood panel screwed on. Only thing is I'm not sure if the wood panel is attached securely enough to the metal skeleton for it to hold a lot of weight.