Heaters

BtmDweller

Just wondering what heaters everyone is using and recommendations. I have two 500 watt finnex one primary and one backup connected to an apex. However, now my tank has been approaching 3 years replacing some equipment just in case. Total system volume is approximately 350 gallons.

I use mostly cobalt neo-therm, but I am switching most of them to the finnex or BRS branded ones.

I have the inkbird to control on/off and Apex as secondary precaution.

I use a 300W Eheim Jager controlled by my Apex.  My total water volume is about 350 gallons.

I've also used the Finnex heaters and have been happy with them too.  But I've seen too many DC8s with an outlet stuck on to feel comfortable giving the Apex total control over a big heater.  Might have to look into an inkbird controller too.

I also know someone who lost half of his sps using a separated temp controller that got stuck on. The failures on the apex I wonder if it were to tripping the breaker? Too much plugged into the power bar. I’ve done that when not paying attention. Especially when some of the equipment may be off and turn on together at certain points. Or was it a different situation? I have trouble trusting technology as well. But I’m running a chiller and two heaters. Chiller covers issue of over heating. If apex shuts down both heaters, I don’t think the temp change will be that drastic and I could catch in time.

I use a 300W Eheim Jager controlled by my Apex.  My total water volume is about 350 gallons.

I've also used the Finnex heaters and have been happy with them too.  But I've seen too many DC8s with an outlet stuck on to feel comfortable giving the Apex total control over a big heater.  Might have to look into an inkbird controller too.

Actually misread that. Stuck on. That’s not good. I’m also worried about temp probes. Haven’t had any issues, but thinking long term.