Anyone using Octo Pulse Wave Powerheads?

Looking to replace Jebao pumps that go out every couple years (one went out last night). I’m looking at the Octo Pulse4. Please share your experience here or by PM.

Also open to other options/suggestions. I have a gyre pump on the other end.

I considered Nero5, but my tank is a 120g peninsula and I want something that pushes water out further than wider. 

I considered mp40s, but the dry side won’t fit because of my overflow box. I have room for the magnets not much more.

large.IMG_20200504_121126.jpg.c5a1dcdfeed1829286166557ee67dfbc.jpg

I have the octo pulse 4 on one end and a gyre on the other end of a 180.  I use it on the tide setting and it moves a ton of water but it is probably the loudest thing in my tank.  I assume if I changed it to constant I would notice it as much.   

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Delphinus88 said:

I have the octo pulse 4 on one end and a gyre on the other end of a 180.  I use it on the tide setting and it moves a ton of water but it is probably the loudest thing in my tank.  I assume if I changed it to constant I would notice it as much.   

Thanks. I was thinking about placing 2 on the same side and having it at a lower setting. I currently have 2 PP8s on that side and run it in random mode. What power setting do you have it on?

PP8 at max has a flow rate of 2110 gph

Pulse4 ranges from 1410-4490 gph

Edited by WheresTheReef