What part do I need?

brianisoutside

Looks like your bulkheads have a built in barb fitting. You will need to replace them. You need to see how the pipes are connected to the bulkhead in the tank. Are they threaded or slip? Are you planning on adding a manifold for any other equipment e.g. reactors etc? Your picture is very close up, but have you considered flipping your sump? I think it would be cleaner to avoid crisscrossing the return and drain lines. You might provide a wider picture of the sump to get the best help.

What’s not working that you want to hard plumb? Just curious.

Yes the bulkheads are a barb style and threaded through the tank. Never occurred to me I might need to change them. I assumed there was a pvc fitting that might work.
I suppose I could flip the sump around, never really thought about it.
A manifold would be nice, although I don’t see myself using reactors etc.
Generally just want to move the piping up so I can clean the sump and get the skimmer in/out just a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on your description, it may not be worth the effort IMO. Barb fittings are for tubing. You would need to change the bulkheads along with adding pvc pipe. My thoughts on flipping the sump would allow you to run the drain almost straight down. The return pump tube would run along the back out of the way. Would that achieve your goals?

There are 90 degree barb fittings that you could theoretically plump it out of the way with, but still be able to use the soft tubing. I'll throw in a picture of my janky setup ;)

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

So I have my reactors plumbed off my return line and I have them mounted externally because my dual 20 long sump left little to no room under the stand. While I think the soft tubing (at least mine) is a little inefficient at times I can't get over how easy the material is to work with. Excuse the obnoxiously large hose clamps. Essentially what I'm getting at is you can do everything hard plumping can do with soft plumping. Only thing PVC has over soft in my opinion is the rigidity which is why I use it for the reactors since they're holding a bit of the reactor weight alongside 3 screws.

3 minutes ago, Max! said:

There are 90 degree barb fittings that you could theoretically plump it out of the way with, but still be able to use the soft tubing. I'll throw in a picture of my janky setup ;)

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

So I have my reactors plumbed off my return line and I have them mounted externally because my dual 20 long sump left little to no room under the stand. While I think the soft tubing (at least mine) is a little inefficient at times I can't get over how easy the material is to work with. Excuse the obnoxiously large hose clamps. Essentially what I'm getting at is you can do everything hard plumping can do with soft plumping. Only thing PVC has over soft in my opinion is the rigidity which is why I use it for the reactors since they're holding a bit of the reactor weight alongside 3 screws.

You might consider replacing those clamps with plastic ratchet ones. They are cheap and will never rust. 
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ratchet-clamp-for-tubing-1-6684828461f4e5bda1e2a33b5e0db6d3.html