Low Alkalinity and slowly raising it...

YHSublime

I finally got some new reagant for my Hannah Checker, and confirmed that my alkalinity is indeed low (6.5dKH). 

After not testing for a month or so I tested a few weeks ago, and was alarmed at the drop from what was steady for months at 8.3dKH. Instead of knee jerking, I upped the dosing of each portion of ESV by an additional daily 5ml, a grand total of 20ml a day of each solution. 

After testing tonight, acropora and everything has been obviously doing fine, but I would like to get back to my 8.3 number. What I've done for the immediate is upped my dosing to now 25ml of each solution (spread out over a 24 hour period), an additional 5ml of each solution daily. Is this normal uptick, an additional 10ml in a few months? I'm not shocked if it is, I've always been astounded at how little my SPS needed considering there was probably more SPS than water in such a small tank!

My plan is to go back and check my alk tomorrow at this time and see how close I am, and adjust from there, does that seem reasonable? Should I space it out further apart? 

seems reasonable to me.  you basically don't want to raise your alk by more than .5 dkh per day

This is probably the most SPS I’ve had, in the smallest water volume. I’d say maybe 30 gallons total. I’m not sure what normal is, but I imagine 20-30ml a day is not out of the ordinary.

Totally normal. I've got a similar water volume and I'm dosing 120 ml of each per day and it seems to fluctuate a bit depending on availability of nutrients.

Totally normal. I've got a similar water volume and I'm dosing 120 ml of each per day and it seems to fluctuate a bit depending on availability of nutrients.

Wowie zowie! Seems I’m starting to walk the line!

Welp, waited just over 24 hours and tested again, and I'm JUST below 7 dKH right now. Which means I've upped another 5ml putting me at 30ml of each solution over 24 hours. I suspect I'll end up at 35ml in order to get back to my desired (and old level) of alkalinity. Just crazy how it's more than doubled in about 4-5 weeks all of a sudden. 

As suspected, 35ml of each solution per day is the answer to get me at exactly 8.33 dKH. Looks like It took about exactly one week to get it slowly back up and not panic. Now lets wait 2 weeks and see if there is a net positive...