Petco save

Stephen

I saved this sebae anemone from a local petco 8 or so months ago. It was about the size of a racquet ball, bleaced, not attached to anything, and not sticky at all when I convinced the fish guy to sell it at half price. A little TLC and it's now about 10 inches across. 

20200223_195325.jpg

Did you check the SG of the water it came in? A while back, maybe in the same 8 month time period, the Petco closest to me had anemone and coral in a tank with an SG of 1.019. 

No I didn't. The one local to me is not equipped with the equipment or know how to house anemones for even a short amount of time. They get a few in and one may get purchased while the others quickly decline. Thankfully they don't get them in as regularly as they used to.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

I saved this sebae anemone from a local petco 8 or so months ago. It was about the size of a racquet ball, bleaced, not attached to anything, and not sticky at all when I convinced the fish guy to sell it at half price. A little TLC and it's now about 10 inches across. 

20200223_195325.jpg

Nice job.

I use a coupon to buy a couple of peppermint shrimps from the Dale city petco two weeks ago. Was gonna do a slow drip acclimation, but when I checked the salinity it was right on the spot at 1.026. So I just swapped water a few times and toss them in.