michaelg

I too will have the usual:

- large colt frag(s)

- Green star polyps

- Zo's (greenish/yellowish tipped)

- Truckload of xenia

- Truckload of chaetomorpha

- very large colony of monti digitada - don't have room for it anymore

I'm sure I'll think of more things later.

Cheers

Mike

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Amber Nussbaum

Michael,

I would like some frogspawn.. I can give you $ unless you want some brown zo's for trade.. that's about all I have right now. :)

Guest Wombat

I will have a few frags for the first time.

- some orange digi

- a green digi

- mounted frag of bright green Zo

- Chaeto

I'm interested in:

Michael G. - borneman capnella & Bluetip stag

Grav - small galaxy, if ready

Garrett - baby ceriths, stomatellas and grammarus

Lee Stearns - Green Kenya Tree

That's if for now. If anyone wants the few things I have that's great, if not I'm happy to purchase.

Cheers,

Simon 8-]]

I don't have much to trade other than a bunch of limpets, if anyone wants them.  They are kind of big and I have a bunch of them, some of them nearly an inch long.  Probably not something someone would want, but if you do, let me know.  They don't seem to be hurting anything in my tank other than knocking something over once in a while.  

I have some green pimpled mushrooms and a couple of kenya tree coral branches that have dropped off and are growing nicely.  I got my first few frags at the Spring Meeting and all of them are doing great.  I should have plenty to frag for the next meeting.  

I would especially like to get some green star polyps and a green cap frag if anyone has them.  Any zoos or softies too.  PM me if you have any of these and tell me how much $.  I don't mind paying for frags.

Thanks, Matt (Bededog)

Guest Kimo

Hey everyone -

For once, I don't have any corals to trade this meeting.  However, if anyone has an extra frag or two to help me get started again after my tank crashed, I'd be very interested.  All I can offer this time is some $$.

Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie- do you want the red monti back as a frag?  It has been growing well.

Amber, I will GIVE you a head of frogspawn.  It originated with dfladermaus in the club, and maybe another that came from pez.  They are different, and both have been around a long time.

Bededog, would love 4-6 of the limpets.  I will bring some of the capnella for you, and some pink centered zoanthids.

Simon, I should be able to give you both of those.  

Chris- looks for a post from kalilin tomorrow or early this week.  He is breaking down his tank and looking for good homes before heading back to the eastern block.  :(

Moa, should have some zoanthids for you as well.

Guest Amber Nussbaum

Thanks Michael. Sounds awesome.

I can't wait to finally get some stuff in my tank.

Guest Moa
Thanks much Michael!  Look forward to meeting folks and attending next week. -Joe

Guest cjm033

kimo i can give you some free candy cane if you want to get your tank goin.

-Chris

Guest Kimo

Michael - Yeah!  That sounds great!  The red monti was a casualty.

Chris - that would be awesome if you can spare some.  

I really appreciate the help getting thing going again!

Jamie

Guest greatwit
im looking for a small frag of pink and/or green pocilopora and a small frag of hydnophora. i have some colorful zoos, plus some red, green and purple monti digis i can frag; and money too if necessary. all for my nano so no piece is too small  gr

Lee- if you have extra rotifers and some green water, I wouldn't mind restarting some of my cultures.  a pop bottle of each would be more  than enough- though I know you are giving the fry a shot so may want to reserve on your rotifers for now.  Any chance you are looking for a mated pare of percs?

Guest reverai

Being someone new regarding saltwater and and with a Nano Cube just finishing with it's cycle I don't have anything to trade at all. Will one be able to buy frags as well as trade?

Thanks

Steve

reverai, steve,

You will find that folks at the meeting will give away a lot of stuff that will be perfect for the Nano cube- The nano cube has fairly low lighting- 24 watts 50/50 PC so you will need to stay with soft corals mainly- I am certain that people will give you some zoanthids, some sand to swap and populate your sand bed, maybe a snail or two, some mushrooms and some xenia, macro algea, pods- when it come to LPS or some SPS they generally trade-- but any of the above that you can not get at the frag swap let me know and you can pick some from my tanks. I got starters from folks in this club just as you are about to. The best part is being able to pick some of the more experinced keeper's brains on what is happening or will be happening in your tank.

Regards,

Lee

Amber,

I hadn't noticed that you wanted more than anthelia.  You're certainly welcome to whatever monti's you want as well.

Lee and Jim,

The strombus are yours, and (Lee) I'll see if the worms cooperate saturday morning.

Bebedog,

I hear limpets are great for aggresive FO tanks.  Harder to eat than normal snails.  Maybe you can hook up with someone.  

Come to think of it, I could use a green cap frag if anyone has one lying around.

To further comment on Lee's statement- look for the freebie table!  Everyone who deposits, PLEASE LABEL YOUR BAGS w/ name of coral and name of donor.

Guest LoveReef

if any one can frag this candycane..(nice Neon Green)

has about 40 heads(?)..

i am willing to take it to the meeting..

let me know..

candycane.gif

Love Reef,

I have a little 3 head piece onf the same neon green that I got from Grav about 6 weeks ago- Hope mine grows like that! Anything you target feed it? Sorry to be off subject. It is extermely easy to frag a head or two from- I fragged a geen and red candy cane to payback Grav with. Look at the underside branch and with a screw driver simply wedge off the brach/branches you want.

Regards,

Lee

Sorry, I don't have any frags to offer...but if anyone can spare some goodies for my new 30g cube that would be great.  Hopefully next meeting I will have some frags. Oh!!! I do have some GSP's I could frag.  I would love some snails,candycane,monti's, and some silver/white pom pom Xenia.  I can bring cash as well.

Thanks and see ya all Saturday! :p

Guest Kimo

Oh yes - I am in need of some live sand, if people can spare some.  Let me know if you can spare some so I can hunt you down on Sat. ;)

Jamie

Guest LoveReef
oh guys..i meant to come to the meeting at july not coming sat meeting..sorry..

Guest goblinshark

Updated:

a hairy green mushroom rock! my clownfish are hosting with the other ones in my tank, so i dont want more

3-4 orange toadstool leather frags

lots of pimpled shrooms

maybe some yellowish zos, and some green centered and maybe some reds!

All for trade (softies or montipora), $, or freebie table

PS i need some livesand and any liverock you can spare for my mantis tank.

LoveReef,

What has worked best for me in the past is a pair of wire clippers.  Cut as low as you can on the stalk, you will find the dead coral crushes very easy.  When I frag candycanes (yours is nice and I think closer to 80 polyps than 40) I usually try to get at 3 or 4 to a frag.  This way you have several to give / trade but the reefer on the other end still gets something good nuff to look at.

mogurnda, I'll take some of the terebellid worms

goblinshark, I'll bring in plenty of caulerpa.  

I can use some mushrooms.  Right now, the only mushrooms I have are a couple striped green and one blue so I could use more shrooms and some zoos.

If anyone is interested in a cabbage leather I'll figure out how to frag it.  From what I've read so far it doesn't seem difficult.