Lighting help for new SPS dominate

1bitereefer

I am in the process of planning an SPS dominate 40ext. I have an Apex and a Kessil a360we from my old setup. With that tank growing SPS. Here are the options I’m considering, would love some help. As this is my first experience with SPS. Decided after have success with LPS and Soft Corals I really wanted to venture to sticks. 

options:

1. Run the 1 Kessil a360we I have.

2. Buy another a360we

2. Run the 1 Kessil A360we with aquatic life T5 hydrid fixture.

3. Sell Kessil and buy Radion xr30 gen4

I think any of those option will work for you.

The key thing to be worry about is your PAR.  You want around 250-350. That will get you what you want. For a better look, you may want to add some T5.

Whether you use Kessil or Radion does not really make a difference, from what i have heard.

1 hour ago, sethsolomon said:

I would go the aquatic life route.  the T5's add a lot for coloration and growth.  I have some kessil mounts you can have if you want to go that route.

That would be awesome, Just placed the order today for the aquatic life fixture. Planning on running 2 Coral+ and 2 Blue+

I would use the t5  Fixture with two Kessils and don’t mount the kessils close to the tank. Best acro tanks I have seen had the leds higher up at 100%. 

Edited by GraffitiSpotCorals

That would be awesome, Just placed the order today for the aquatic life fixture. Planning on running 2 Coral+ and 2 Blue+

Just for consideration, 2 coral+ and 2 blue+ were too white for my liking. it’s a nice combo if you like a whiter look, but i changed my t5/led hybrid to 1 coral+ and 3 blue+ and i think it’s just about perfect 48a490193cb3dcc7f95a08d362bf6753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jhOU said:

Just for consideration, 2 coral+ and 2 blue+ were too white for my liking. it’s a nice combo if you like a whiter look, but i changed my t5/led hybrid to 1 coral+ and 3 blue+ and i think it’s just about perfect 48a490193cb3dcc7f95a08d362bf6753.jpg

That looks awesome looks like I’ll be picking up another blue plus, that looks beautiful. What is the leds your running? 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, 1bitereefer said:

leds are reefbreeders 48” photon v2, with 4 bulb retrofit t5, and 48” orphek uv bar.