Eshopps Eclipse Overflow

PK3

Does anyone have experience with the Eshopps Eclipse Overflow? Based on the way the bulkhead is attached looking at pictures, is the bulkhead somehow pre-built into the wetside overflow box? And if so, is it not possible to replace the bulkhead? I'm asking because I am thinking about using this overflow on a tank with 1" thick acrylic, and if it only comes with one size bulkhead, this overflow may not work on thicker tanks?

I've used one for about 3 years now on my 22. It gets the job done, and I've been very happy with it. 

You are correct, the bulkhead itself is non removable, but I think they make different sizes. I'm sure if you check you can figure out what size could accommodate such thick glass. The reason it's built this way is it uses the bulkheads to hold the overflow onto the external box with the plastic nut. 

Not to thread jack but do you have any experience with glass-holes overflows?... I currently have one of their overflow on my tank and I'm debating if it's worth upgrading to the eshopps overflow...

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Not to thread jack but do you have any experience with glass-holes overflows?... I currently have one of their overflow on my tank and I'm debating if it's worth upgrading to the eshopps overflow...

Why though?

That's what I'm wondering. They are different styles of overflows. The glass-holes one served me well for a year, then I had to take my tank down. But the eshopps one is a bean animal ( I think ) style with 2 drain pipes vs the glass-holes single drain.

If it has 2 drains it’s a herbie. A bean animal has 3 drains.
Ah it has two, so herbies it is.

I think I had the 700gph Glass-Holes kit. I like the overflow... Loved the company (shame that they went under). The overflow is not horrendously noisy but isnt super silent either. I had it connected to a 426 gph pump (Rio 1400+) so it wasn't maxed out.... I've got a jebao/jecod dcs 2000 now so we'll see how it handles the extra 100 gph.