Finding a 6’ rimless??

brianisoutside

I am looking for a rimless 6’ tank. I’m having a hard time finding something that wouldn’t be an expensive custom order. I’m not necessarily looking for a big gallon volume, height around 18-20 inches and depth 18-24.

Does anyone know of something like this that would be an off the shelf type purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off the shelf is either Red Sea or Waterbox for a rimless. But there are tons of manufacturers to order from. I have a 72x30x22 rimless with 3/4” glass from Miracles in glass that was shipped to my house for around $2700.  That was the tank only. If your only looking for 18-24” then I would think your talking $2400 or so. 

Waterbox 220.6 is 72”x25”x24”. Comes with stand, sump, and plumbing. Admittedly they’ve been backed up on inventory in that size but claim they are getting stock back in mid February. Check out their website and contact EPLEEDS on here if interested.

Off the shelf is either Red Sea or Waterbox for a rimless. But there are tons of manufacturers to order from. I have a 72x30x22 rimless with 3/4” glass from Miracles in glass that was shipped to my house for around $2700.  That was the tank only. If your only looking for 18-24” then I would think your talking $2400 or so. 

Eric how was I typing a response pointing a finger at you at the same time you were typing

Have you considered a euro brace? I have a CAD lights tank. I like having the ledge, plus reinforces the tank. My lid fits on the inside of the brace so don’t see it. It’s a good clean look. One more thing recommended is a hood or something to block excess light. My lights hang from the ceiling. I’m going to make a black curtain that hangs down and flip up. I’ve tested it to block out excess lights and the tank looks totally different for the better.

Have you considered a euro brace? I have a CAD lights tank. I like having the ledge, plus reinforces the tank. My lid fits on the inside of the brace so don’t see it. It’s a good clean look. One more thing recommended is a hood or something to block excess light. My lights hang from the ceiling. I’m going to make a black curtain that hangs down and flip up. I’ve tested it to block out excess lights and the tank looks totally different for the better.

I have, even thought about just doing a cheap Aqueon tank that is rimmed and drilling it. End of the day it’s about clutter, tank access and shadows. I currently have a small rimless and like the clean look of it.
I’m still torn in my decision on what I can justify spending too
Glass cages has a 120 that’s 76 x 25 x 16, wish it was a little taller and maybe not so deep, that I am considering. I’ve sent in for a couple quotes to other companies with 76x20x20 dimensions too

Why 76” 

Because I have a space in the room that allows that long of a tank. Also allows me to spread out rock scaping and generally just more to look at.
Is there some reason I shouldn’t do a longer tank? I’ve already thought about the additional lighting needed.

I’m just not sure how long the normal pieces of glass are for when they build tanks. I guess in the end the price difference would be minor. Are you planning on going rimless?  I had to upgrade to 3/4” glass due to the length/width of my tank. If I wanted a eurobrace I could have gone with 1/2”. But the 3/4” looks so nice. Hahaha

if you can though, I would go at least 24” deep if not 30”. It gives you way more options for the aquascape. In addition, how are you planning on doing the overflow?  Internal or external?  

The Red Sea tanks look great and their new stands are now plywood instead of mdf.  Pricing is also the same no matter where you go as they are MAP so buying local is always good.  They come in 59", 71", and 79" lengths.  Really sleek looking tanks and the add on screen top is really low profile.