DIY: Refigium and Deep Sand Bed, Help!

Can any one tell me if this if going to work? I need ideas for construction, and techniques. I have very very little room I already have the pump and the sand thats it. Also it can't be any wider than 10 inches... if that

post-975-1156361176_thumb.jpg

three things:

1) what happens when the power goes out? (you are going to overflow your sump)

2) where is you skimmer going? ( a seaclone wont do a good job on a 55g if you plan on using that)

3) baffles need to be lower ( you have them at the very top which means this will overflow)

The purpose of the over flow box is to prevent the sump from overflowing... The baffels will be drilled to allow water to flow though but keep the contents of the refigium area in place... I have another sump already that when I get the money I will put a bigger more expensive skimmer in. If the power cuts the water will drain into my other sump. And after others comments I will make the baffels come 2 inches short of the top of the tank/sump

the problem is the overflow box does just stop right away, water keeps going to the sump which in your case would overflow,

the problem is the overflow box does just stop right away, water keeps going to the sump which in your case would overflow,

It'd drain into the other sump as well, it won't be a problem, I'll make the baffels lower and the tank taller... Any other ideas?

If you are going to add another sump for the skimmer. Why dont you use a bucket for the deep sand bed (5g) add a bulkhead, attach it to your sump (no sand, with skimmer,macro) and put your overflow in the 5g bucket? expecially if you have space issues this is the way most people do that.

Where could I put the 5 gallon bucket though?

under the stand