HELP! Anemone dying due to salinity drop

3 ATO and back up failed in the on position and I ended up with a specific gravity swing from 1.025 to 1.020. The anemone has started to spew its guts through its mouth and the foot is semi detached. 

I'm working on bringing the salinity back up. But at this point would you pull the anemone so it doesnt nuke the tank (6" Heteractis, in 90 gallon water volume)  or give it the day to try and recover. No SPS or LPS in the tank just other anemones, fish, and zoa/paly.

Definitely don't pull the anemone off the rock. Just more stress. If you want a better response try reef to reef and tag #reefsquad @amoo and @orionN both experts with anemones. They might recommend removal and Cipro but you still have to acclimate nem to right salinity I think, can't just dump in .25.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if drying it out would work in a situation like that?  You set it out and it expels almost all of the water in its body and then just stick it back in.  Works really well with bubble tips but  it aware of how it works with other kinds of anemones.

22 minutes ago, davelin315 said:

I wonder if drying it out would work in a situation like that?  You set it out and it expels almost all of the water in its body and then just stick it back in.  Works really well with bubble tips but  it aware of how it works with other kinds of anemones.

Weird.