Aquarium Controller

redmonpr

looks nice....does a lot looks like...and the user reviews seem to be all positive.....i just don't have that much $ burning a hole in my pocket

You might check out the neptune controller if you are in the market for a controller. dhoch seems to love his. You can check out his website, just click on his member profile and go to his home page. Hope that helps.

Thomas

I've heard the reefkeeper is going to ad some monitoring... now that would be kewl...

Dave

I've heard the reefkeeper is going to ad some monitoring... now that would be kewl...

Dave

I have a RK2 and indeed they are about to release the 1st firmware update:

8.29.06 Update - We got behind schedule on v2.1. We now are basically finished with it and will be releasing it Friday. Sorry for the delay but thanks for your patience.

Enhancements include:

- Programmable delay for skimmer/sump when leaving standby

- Adding temperature cutoff to the Multi-timers

- Seperate day-mode and night-mode brightness setting

- Shifted temp and pH readouts left one position to optimized LCD realestate and improved readability of screen

We will also follow that realease with a data logging feature in September. We are working on the details of that and will update this page when we have more to share.

They were also talking about remote monitoring software in the future at no cost to the customer.

Raf

Raf,

How does the RK2 attach to a computer for logging?

Dave

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...;Category_Code=

Has anyone heard of this controller? Would you recommend the purchase of 299.00 plus ph probe?

Thanks for you help

These are nice. Made in the USA which to me is always a bonus. But they cannot be expanded. 4 outlets is all that can be controlled. So if you only need 4 outlets worth of stuff controlled its perfect for you.

But they cannot be expanded. 4 outlets is all that can be controlled. So if you only need 4 outlets worth of stuff controlled its perfect for you.

Sorry for the response Jenny I thought you were talking about the RK2... :(

They are planning on a 8 outlet expansion in addition to the existing 8 outlets. Yes Jenny is 8 outlets not 4, not sure where you seen that but here is the website: http://www.digitalaquatics.com/reefkeeper2.html

Raf,

How does the RK2 attach to a computer for logging?

Dave

If you mean remote monitoring I believe it will be via ethernet cable

Upgradeable Firmware with Free PC Cable Adapter

If you mean remote monitoring I believe it will be via ethernet cable

That quote looks likes a serial cable not ethernet (one of the main reasons I went with the III over the Jr. or a II).

Dave