tank(s) crash

gudgreef

Just got off the phone with my brother who had a very sad story. After returning from vacation (on which his car engine blew) he found his show tank decimated and his new hatch of m. clowns (100+) dead. Since he was invaluable in my getting into the hobby (and since he is my brother!) I asked him what he would most want if I could help him out. Of course I'm fragging everything I can but that isn't alot. Tops on his list were monti caps and digi. ,bali slimer (his was huge sd ) and frogspawn. If anyone going to the symposium has any of those for sale or trade let me know. All I have tradewise are some big mushroom leathers, various shrooms, zoa's , pompoms and candycane,green kenyan tree and big brown/red button polyps. Also can offer an IOU for as many maroon clowns you want that I will pick up in July (he lives in NC).Also can bring back banggai if his current eggs make it to 'term' and don't end up lunch.

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

Please pass on our condolences to brother, so sad.

What was the cause of the system crash?

Tell your brother that the club's members will be happy to help repopulate his coral population as soon as his tank is ready!

I'll start off by providing a extra large Bail Slimer (yongei) frag for him.

And as we talked of at the last meeting, we will be more than happy to help him find homes for his breeding efforts!

Take care

Glenn

I'll put together a goodie bag for him.  I would love it if you could bring back 6 baby bangais.  I will raise them and pair them off, and give the extras away.  I know other people around here are looking for a pair.  This has been the easiest way I have found to try to do it, without the guesswork and subsequent death when you guess wrong.

Guest clownfish4
I have an endless supply of Pink Pulsing Xenias and Halimeda macro algae.....Could also spare some spotted mushrooms and silver branch xenias.

I don't have all the specifics but I'm thinking he is probably lucky it hasn't happen before. He had a greenwater gravity drip going into a tank of 'several hundred' fry and rotifers that 'stopped'. I think I'll get him a dosing pump for xmas. Anyway, the rotifers stopped reproducing and were quickly devoured leaving the fry to starve and die:(   For some reason he had a return on the other tank that went fairly deep (?) that back siphoned and overflowed the sump due to a power outage. I'm not clear why it didn't refill or why the power was out so long (he was more worried about the truck engine when I talked to him) but end result was lots o' mortality, all sps's croaked. On a lighter note I can bring back about 20 eight month old m. clowns & 10 banggai in July:)

tom

Guest Kimo

Ouch.  I feel his pain (as far as the tank goes, anyway!).  I just had a major tank crash at the end of May that killd off almost all of my SPS and 90% of my total coral population.

If it weren't for WAMAS and the members' generosity I would have given up and sold my equipment.

I hope that things recover for him, and good luck with the engine.

Jamie

I can toss in a digitata and small frog spawn and would be hapy to buy a pair of Bangai on your return- I too would like to try to raise a batch or two. Putting some efforts into clowns now.

Guest mmcaleer

I'd like some bangais when they become available.

Mike

Thanks everybody. It will be strange (but great) to deliver frags this visit instead of leaving with some. I'm also glad he has saturated his local clown market for the time being :D

Tom